Rumor Control – Rely on Official Sources
Mar 24, 2020
Here are the Facts:
1. As of today March 24, the Governor has not activated the National Guard in response to COVID-19.
2. The Wyoming Military Department issued guidance in an effort to mitigate risk and protect the force so that our organization remains healthy, effective, and ready. We are committed to protecting the force while maintaining the ability to execute core missions.
3. While not activated for State Active Duty, the Joint Staff is working in conjunction with the State Resource Coordination Center at the Office of Homeland Security and assisting them with current and future operations.
4. The 84th Civil Support Team (CST) has undergone training and currently assisting the state lab in processing COVID-19 tests.
5. Potential missions include response planning, medical testing facility support, response liaisons, support to Wyoming Office of Homeland Security State Response Coordination Center, support to healthcare professionals, logistics support, transportation support for health care providers, collecting and delivering samples, or assisting with sample administration.
If you have questions or hear an unfounded rumor, contact your chain of command.
Here are some resources to keep you informed: