Wild West Air Show July 24
Jul 12, 2019
The Wyoming Air National Guard will host the Wild West Air Show July 24 from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
The traditional Wednesday of Cheyenne Frontier Days event will feature aerobatic acts, static aircraft display, food vendors, and a children’s area. The airshow begins at 9 a.m. with a parachute jump featuring Cheyenne Mayor Marian Orr and other local dignitaries.
Air Show guests must bring a valid photo ID and should avoid bringing glass containers, weapons – including pocket knives, and valuables to the event.
Continuous shuttle service from the north side of Frontier Mall provides easy access to the event. Because of space and security limitations, there is no public parking at the event. Pedestrians may access the show through the front gate, located at Sunset Drive and Dell Range Boulevard.
Food and beverage vendors will be onsite. A children’s area will feature free and ticketed activities. Information booths and recruiters will also be on the ramp.
Demonstrations and aerobatics currently scheduled include:
- 9:00: Dignitary tandem parachute drop
- 9:30: US Air Force Thunderbirds ground show and take off
- 1:00: US Navy Leap Frogs demonstration
- 1:12: Tom Larkin Minijet flyby
- 1:15: WyANG MAFFS C-130 water drop
- 1:25: WyANG C-130 flyby
- 1:45: Gary Rower Stearman Show
- 2:00: Tom Larkin Minijet Show
- 2:15: F4U4 Corsair flybys
- 30: Buck Roteman Pitts Show w/ inverted ribbon cutting
- 2:45: Precision Exotics ground show
- 3:05: US Navy Leap Frogs demonstration
- 3:20: CAF SNB flybys
- 3:30: Don Nelson T-6 show
- 3:45 Gary and Buck team act
The scheduled US Air Force Thunderbird performance in the morning is not visible from the Wyoming Air National Guard.