Vets assistance in Park, Big Horn, Washakie, Hot Springs counties
Feb 28, 2019
A state of Wyoming veterans service officer from the Wyoming Veterans Commission will conduct community outreach services in Wyoming cities throughout March.
Josh Schmidt is available to meet with veterans and their families to discuss state and federal veterans’ benefits, Department of Veterans Affairs claims, or VA healthcare. Schmidt can also help veterans and their families apply for benefits, file claims or request healthcare.
His office is staffed in Cody, at 1026 Blackburn Ave., Suite 1, and he will also be available at the following locations:
• Powell: March 4 at the Powell VA Clinic, 777 Ave. H from 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
• Worland: March 6 at the Worland Community Center, 1200 Culbertson Ave. from 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
• Lovell: March 12 at North Big Horn County Senior Center 757 Great Western Ave. from 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
• Thermopolis: March 7 at the Hot Springs County Museum, 700 Broadway, from noon – 2 p.m., and March 14 at the Hot Springs County Senior Citizens Center, 206 Senior Ave., from 11 a.m. – 1p.m.
• Greybull: March 13 at the Greybull Senior Center, 417 South 2nd St. from 11 a.m. – 1p.m.
During periods of inclement weather, please check with the staff at the outreach locations to ensure the veterans service officer will be available.
Please contact Schmidt at 307-250-3890 for more information, or to schedule an appointment.